Bamboo Charcoal – How to use it, how to make it, how to love it.
Update: Bamboo Charcoal is now available here.
Bamboo charcoal, you’ve heard of it, you’ve heard of the great things it can do. But really, does it work? I think so. I’m not 100% sure, but I allowed several people to try my “bamboo water” and tea brewed with it alongside normal Chicago tap water and the results were positive. I have no scientific evidence, and I don’t need any – I like it, it tastes good, and I’m going to use it — and that’s enough for me (want technical? read this)
If you are interested in making bamboo charcoal, I have these two references for you:
There are many ways to prepare the charcoal, but this is what I do:
1. Sterilization: Boil a piece of charcoal for 10 mins.
2. The business: soak it in the water to be purified for 24 hours.
3. Use the water for making tea, etc.
4. Dry the charcoal for 1 week.
5. Repeat. This stuff can be used for 2-3 months!
Any ideas? Any more information, please let me know how bamboo charcoal has worked for you!
I'm writing a full-length book on tea. No history, just practical tea information and SCIENCE!